Amorim Revestimentos, the worldwide market leader of cork flooring, places nature on the starting point for a better future, investigating and creating flooring solutions that, without affecting the environment, ensure a higher quality of life.
Being present in more than 55 countries, Amorim Revestimentos' International flooring portfolio and brands, are known throughout the world as pioneers in creating top-quality, ground-breaking solutions.
Wicanders®, Amorim Revestimentos' premium brand, has been producing flooring since 1868, always inspired on nature's most pure values and using avant-garde technologies to provide high quality, ecologic and stylish flooring.
Wicanders is recognized as a leader because of the quality, innovation and unique characteristics of their solutions for interior decoration (technical performance, design and comfort). The coverings produced in this Business Unit constitute a unique sales proposition in themselves:
- easily and rapidly installed (namely non-glued products with the corkloc tongue and groove system);
- environmentally friendly - made out of natural products, they favour energy saving (insulating capacity, heat retention);
- healthy - surface finishes do not retain dirt, therefore they do not favour the proliferation of germs and fungi;
- sound resistant - they reduce the transmission of sound between and inside compartments (impact noise and step noise, respectively);
- they provide natural thermal insulation, as well as a high capacity to retain thermal energy, thanks to the incorporation of cork;
- comfortable - the cork incorporated into them deadens impact and relieves tension;
- durable and easy to maintain but low impact on the environment;
- re-usable (in tongue and groove system) or recyclable.
Wicanders profitable and sustained growth is based on three fundamental vectors: the products, the Clients and the distribution channels. Emphasis is on the correct weighting of each of the vectors, in such a way as to optimize commercialization margins