Amorim Revestimentos, the worldwide market leader of cork flooring, places nature on the starting point for a better future, investigating and creating flooring solutions that, without affecting the environment, ensure a higher quality of life.
Being present in more than 51 countries, Amorim Revestimentos' International flooring portfolio and brands, are known throughout the world as pioneers in creating top-quality, ground-breaking solutions.
Wicanders®, Amorim Revestimentos' premium brand, has been producing flooring since 1868, always inspired on nature's most pure values and using avant-garde technologies to provide high quality, ecologic and stylish flooring.
Wicanders® is recognized as a leader because of the quality, innovation and unique characteristics of their solutions for interior decoration (technical performance, design and comfort), targeting both residential and commercial market segments.
Nowadays, Amorim Revestimentos has exclusive manufacturing technology and a multinational distribution network that lets them know and, acting in advance, meet the needs of their Clients. This strategic positioning, along with its action to promote the use of cork coverings and their active programme to develop new solutions, guarantees the success of their activity and high penetration of their products in the most demanding markets.
The coverings produced in this Business Unit constitute a unique sales proposition in themselves:
- easily and rapidly installed (namely non-glued products with the corkloc tongue and groove system);
- environmentally friendly - made out of natural products, they favour energy saving (insulating capacity, heat retention);
- healthy - surface finishes do not retain dirt, therefore they do not favour the proliferation of germs and fungi;
- sound resistant - they reduce the transmission of sound between and inside compartments (impact noise and step noise, respectively);
- they provide natural thermal insulation, as well as a high capacity to retain thermal energy, thanks to the incorporation of cork;
- comfortable - the cork incorporated into them deadens impact and relieves tension;
- durable and easy to maintain but low impact on the environment;
- re-usable (in tongue and groove system) or recyclable.
Wicanders® profitable and sustained growth is based on three fundamental vectors: the products, the Clients and the distribution channels. Emphasis is on the correct weighting of each of the vectors, in such a way as to optimize commercialization margins.